Castles of the United States
http://www.dupontcastle.com/castles/index.htm#oh
Two castles built in Central Ohio, the Piatt castles. By West Liberty.
http://www.piattcastles.org/index.htm
An indoor event (up to 50 people) is $650
An outdoor event ( up to 200 people) is $550
september 5 - October 31 event start would be 5:30pm
probably not going to use these, but just to keep track of ideas and costs. They seem a bit out of the way, and more money than what you would get would be worth, I think.
Loveland Castle, South of Columbus, by Cincinnati.
http://www.lovelandcastle.com/
maximum 100 people. 51-100 peeps $350, reception add $200
Ravenwood Castle. Southeast of Columbus.
http://www.ravenwoodcastle.com/
Pavilion in the woods available thru September. $250
OSU appears to own a castle on lake erie, currently being restored
http://www.osu.edu/cookecastle/rest_phts.html
I haven't found any evidence of rentals, though.
Stan Hwyet Hall. Up by Cleveland.
http://www.stanhywet.org/main/home.asp
max 200 people, but I can't find pricing for rental on their site.
Jeffrey Mansion. Here in Columbus, in Bexley.
http://www.bexley.org/custom/custom.asp?cmid=3984&id=811
$100/hr to rent the mansion for a non-Bexley resident
Landoll's Mohican Castle. Nearer to Cleveland.
http://www.landollsmohicancastle.com/index.asp
No pricing details on the web, but I called them and left a message. It has an indoor area that holds up to 500, which is nice and big.
Great Stone Castle. Near Dayton.
http://www.greatstonecastle.com/dayton-oh-weddings.htm
Wow, a really full-service package. The Wedding pricing isn't beyond the average, I think, but the reception pricing... whew! (minimum $900)
Delaware Arts Castle. In Delaware. (I totally forgot about this place)
http://www.artscastle.org/
They mention weddings but post no reservation and pricing information. I just tried to call, but I believe their office must be closed now.
A mansion by lake erie.
http://www.ci.euclid.oh.us/recreation/pdf/rentalinfo04.pdf
weekend evening rate is $75/hr plus $100 for a wedding.
The Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center.
http://www.rbhayes.org/hayes/
Not too expensive. Must be out by 11pm. wedding max 60 peeps seated, reception max 125 peeps not seated.
The Ohio Statehouse is of course beautiful and right here in town.
http://www.statehouse.state.oh.us/index.cfm
I can't seem to find good details about renting space though. They have an events coordinator and a mention of seating for groups up to 350, which sounds promising...
Okay, that's the result of an afternoon of searching. Enough for now. Nothing really jumped out at me as a location, though. :(
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good luck with everything. I'm having problems right now about the DATES, because the place is default.
which place is that? France? Parent's church?
Post a Comment